Best Abdominal/Stomach Pain Specialist in Noida, Ghaziabad, India
Everybody occasionally deals with a stomach ache. The terms stomachache, tummy ache, gut ache, and bellyache are also used to refer to abdominal pain. There are different degrees of abdominal pain. It could be constant or intermittent. Abdominal discomfort can be acute, or it can last for weeks, months, or even years (chronic). If your abdomen pain is so severe that moving would only make it worse, or if you are unable to sit still or find a comfortable posture, call your doctor immediately once.
If you are experiencing pain along with any other unsettling symptoms or signs, such as:
- Intense pain
- Soiled stools
- Persistent dizziness and nausea
- Loss of weight
- The appearance of yellow skin
- Severe sensitivity to touch in the abdomen
- Abdominal swelling
Don’t leave them undiagnosed. Visit an abdominal/stomach pain specialist in Noida, Ghaziabad to get your condition diagnosed.
There are various ways that abdominal pain might appear. Abdominal/stomach pain can be categorized in accordance with its intensity and in the following ways:
Generalized Discomfort: This is pain that affects more than half of your abdomen region and is frequently brought on by stomach infections, indigestion, or gas.
- Localized Pain: This describes pain that is localized to one part of your abdomen and is typical of discomfort that is coming from an organ such as your stomach, appendix, or gallbladder.
- Cramping: This kind of discomfort fluctuates in intensity or perceived location in your abdomen. Cramping is typically caused by gas, passing a stool, or menstruation and is rarely significant.
- Colicky Pain: Similar to cramping, this sort of pain comes and goes but is typically intense and changes abruptly throughout. According to Mount Sinai, your pain is typically brought on by kidney or gallstones.
If your stomach pain is so intense that you are unable to move without experiencing more pain or sit motionless in a comfortable position, you should immediately see your doctor.
- Spoiled stools
- Vomiting and nausea
- Loss of weight
- Orange skin
- Very sensitive to touch in the abdomen
- Swollen abdomen
While we don’t typically feel what’s going on inside our abdomens, the pain might happen when an organ or region of tissue inside isn’t operating normally.
Inflammation (like appendicitis, diverticulitis, or colitis), organ distention or stretching (such an intestinal obstruction or a bile duct blockage by gallstones), or lack of blood flow can all result in abdominal pain (as in ischemic colitis).
Some over-the-counter, prescription and dietary supplements might also result in stomach aches. This can be accomplished by medications upsetting the stomach, causing nausea, discomfort, and diarrhea, or by inhibiting digestion, causing constipation. Check the label of every medication you use to determine if stomach discomfort is mentioned as a potential adverse effect.
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Peptic ulcer
- Burst aortic aneurysm
- Intestine or stomach perforation
- Testicle or ovary torsion (when the ovary or testicle twists on the tissues that support them)
- Stomach virus
- Menstrual cramps
- Food poisoning
- Food allergies
- Fecal impaction
- Lactose intolerance
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- Kidney stones
- Intestinal obstruction
- Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis
- Urinary tract infection (UTI)
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Cancer (pancreatic, stomach, or liver)
- Ectopic pregnancy
- Celiac disease
- Strained or pulled abdominal muscle
Based on your symptom history, a physical examination, and any necessary testing, the underlying reason of your abdominal discomfort is determined. The nature of your discomfort and if you have any underlying medical or mental health disorders that might be causing your stomach pain are likely to be topics of conversation with your doctor.
- Whether it’s dull, stabbing, burning, or cramping
- Frequent or permanent
- When you experience or notice it most
- Whether it radiates outward to other areas of your body
- Whether any activities or actions seem to make it worse or better
- Tests using blood, urine, or feces
- Abdomen-related X-ray
- Abdominal ultrasound
- Abdomen-focused computer tomography (CT) scan
- Barium dialysis (colon X-ray)
- Endoscopic techniques (inserting a tube with a tiny camera through your mouth or rectum to view areas inside your digestive tract)
- Electrocardiogram (ECG or EKG)
The reason for the abdominal pain determines the course of treatment. The optimal course of treatment for your pain may include self-care activities, over-the-counter or prescription drugs, or treatments like drug injections or surgery.
Abdominal pain might not seem severe instantly, but it is important to get it diagnosed at the earliest. If you are facing any of the symptoms, book your appointment with the best abdominal pain specialist in Noida, Ghaziabad. If you are experiencing the symptoms of a fatty liver, book your appointment with the best stomach pain specialist doctor in Noida, Ghaziabad.
Short-term self-care techniques like the following may help with mild stomach pain brought on by digestive upset:
- Avoiding solid foods for a couple of hours
- Drinking clear liquids such as water
- Till you feel better, rest
- Avoiding caffeine, alcohol, fizzy drinks, fatty foods, citrus fruits, dairy products, and foods that include tomatoes
- Limiting oneself to bland foods, such as crackers, rice, bananas, or applesauce
Aspirin, ibuprofen, and other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) should not be used to treat abdominal discomfort since they can irritate the stomach and make the pain worse.
- Medicines for the treatment of gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Antibiotics for infection treatment
- Medication to lessen inflammation
- Specifically designed remedies for inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)
Procedures and Surgeries:
In a few rare instances, surgery or other office procedures may be required to effectively address your stomach pain. The following procedures could be used: proper up arrow
- Injecting a numbing substance
- Injections of corticosteroids
- Surgery to repair a hernia
If you are experiencing the symptoms of a fatty liver, book your appointment with the liver specialist, the best doctor for stomach pain in Noida, Ghaziabad.
- Right up arrow
- Meditation Relaxation training
To know more book your appointment with the best doctor near me for stomach pain.
Dr. Sushrut Singh is an Additional Director in the Department of Liver and Digestive Sciences at Fortis Hospital, Sector-62, Noida. . Having pursued both his M.B.B.S. and M.D. from the King George’s Medical College, Lucknow, he went on to complete his postgraduate super-speciality in Hepatology from the only Liver University in Asia under the guidance of most renowned Prof. Dr. Shiv Kumar Sarin from the Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences (ILBS), New Delhi.
- Speciality : Liver Specialist, Hepatologist, Gastroenterologist
- Degree : M.B.B.S., M.D., D.M.
- Experience : 12+ Years
- Phone : +91 93153 54431